- 8 New York (top loin pork chops)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup asiago (OR Parmesan cheese, grated)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup butter flavor shortening
- Beat together eggs and water in a small bowl until foamy. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Place stuffing mix in a self-sealing plastic bag; finely crush with a rolling pin. Stir in Asiago or Parmesan cheese and poppy seeds. Transfer to a second shallow bowl.
- Trim fat from chops. Coat chops with crushed mixture. Dip into egg mixture and coat with crushed mixture again.
- Heat half of the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it sizzles. Reduce heat to medium. Add 4 of the chops; cook for 4 minutes. Turn chops and cook about 4-5 minutes more or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, reducing heat as necessary to prevent overbrowning. Transfer chops to a serving platter; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining shortening and chops. Allow chops to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!