- 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (OR 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (OR 1 garlic clove, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together all ingredients except pork in a shallow baking dish. Add chops and spread both sides with basil mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F.), oiling it with a brush or paper towel. Grill chops over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chops from the grill and let rest for 3 minutes.
Save on time, money and waste, take the leftovers from this night's recipe and turning them into Italian Pork Melts. Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!