- 1 pound boneless pork roast (sliced into stir-fry strips*)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (non-fat)
- 4 submarine rolls (6-inch, split)
- 2/3 cup pesto
- 2 whole roasted red peppers (drained and halved)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (part-skim)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork strips to pan and brown nicely, stir-frying, remove from heat.
- While pork cooks, spread mayonnaise on bottom half of rolls; spread pesto on top half of rolls. Broil briefly just to lightly brown. Divide pork strips onto four roll halves, top with pepper pieces and a slice of cheese. Broil just until cheese is bubbly. Top with remaining half of rolls.
Save on time, money and waste. Enjoy more meals, where your prep goes the distance. Tonight, prepare Basil-Garlic Porterhouse Pork Chops then tomorrow, turn the left over into these Italian Pork Melts. Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!