- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin roast (cut into 3/4-inch dice*)
- 8 ounces bacon (thick-cut,, 5 or 6 slices, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips)
- 1 onion (large, cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 29 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 30 ounces cannellini beans (white kidney or other white beans, drained)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced, optional)
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot over medium heat, cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the bacon fat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the pork, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and paprika. Stir in the tomatoes (with their juices) and water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and about 2/3 of the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve the chili garnished with the remaining bacon and the sour cream and scallions, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!