- 5 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- black pepper
- 3 gala apples (or pink lady, cored and cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 head red cabbage (sliced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock (or apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or brown sugar)
- Melt oil or butter in a large sauté pan (or use your slow cooker if it’s safe to sauté with) over medium high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper and sauté on each side for a total of 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a slow cooker and top with pork.
- Cook the pork for 5-6 hours on LOW (about 1 1/4 hours per pound) until pork is cooked through and the fruit and vegetables are fork tender. The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops, loin roasts and tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145°F (medium rare) and 160°F (medium), followed by a three-minute rest.
From Weelicious and Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!