- 8 pounds smoked ham spiral-sliced, bone-in
- 6 tablespoons fennel seed
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup dijon style mustard
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 pounds asparagus trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Meanwhile, use a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to coarsely crush the fennel seeds. Set aside 1 tablespoon, then transfer the remaining fennel seeds to a medium bowl and add the honey, mustard, and pepper. Set 1 1/2 cups of the mixture aside.
- Place the ham flat side down in a large shallow roasting pan and brush with about 1/2 of the remaining honey-mustard mixture. Roast the ham, basting with the same honey-mustard mixture and pan juices every 25 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F., 15 to 18 minutes per pound (loosely cover with foil if ham gets too browned). Remove the ham from the oven, transfer to a cutting board, and let rest 15 to 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!