- 1 1/2 cups ham (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced, 2 cloves)
- 14.5 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14 ounces chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups rice (quick-cooking)
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, sweet pepper and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, ham and Cajun seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!