- 6 ounces ham (OR Canadian bacon, chopped, about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (medium, juiced and chopped, about 3/4 cup)
- 3.5 ounces roasted red peppers (drained and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup nonfat half-and-half
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (reduced fat, shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick spray. Dust the bottom and sides of the pan with the breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; sauté 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the ham and bell pepper. Spoon into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place the cornstarch, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl; slowly whisk in the half and half to blend. Whisk in the egg substitute and pour the mixture into the pan. Top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until puffed and set. Let the quiche rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, if desired. Cut in wedges and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!