- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf dried
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 4 bone-in pork chops natural, cut ¾ inch thick, 8-ounce each
- vegetable oil
- 3 peaches ripe, firm, halved and pitted
- arugula and peach salad for serving, see recipe, below
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine water, maple syrup, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf. Heat and stir just until salt dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in ice. If necessary, cool brine to 45°F.
- Place pork chops in a large resealable bag. Pour brine over pork; close bag. Place bag with chops in a large baking dish or on a rimmed baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat for direct grilling. Remove pork chops from brine; pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine.
- Brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Place pork chops on center of grate; place peach halves, cut sides down, on outer edge of grill. Grill, covered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145°F and peaches have grill marks, turning chops over halfway through grilling.
- Transfer pork chops to a platter. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 3 minutes. Cut peaches into wedges; serve with pork or, if desired, use peaches in salad.
- Arugula-and-Peach Salad: In a large bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves. Whisk in ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add 6 cups loosely packed baby arugula and the grilled peach wedges. Gently toss until evenly coated. Serve with the grilled pork chops.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!