- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (finely chopped, plus more for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 2-inch diameter yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham (cut into 2 inch squares)
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In small bowl, combine heavy cream, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Layer 1/3 of the potatoes into the muffin cups, arranging the slices into neat stacks. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of cream mixture over each stack. Place a piece of ham on top, then sprinkle on about 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat another layer of potatoes, cream, ham, and cheese. Finish with a layer of potatoes and top with remaining cream mixture. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove potato stacks from oven, uncover, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is golden and potatoes are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Carefully scoop the stacks from muffin cups with large spoon. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve.
Recipe courtesy of SavorRecipes.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!