- 2 spare ribs (slabs St. Louis, 2 1/2 pounds each)
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle chile (ground, divided)
- 1/4 cup cherry cola (not diet)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce (hickory-flavored)
- Prepare a grill to medium heat (350 degrees F.).
- Starting at the bony underside of the rack, slip a small thin knife under the membrane on the bones. Loosen about 1 inch of the membrane. Grab the loosened membrane with a paper towel and pull along the length of the rack to remove the membrane. (You may have to do this a couple of times until most of the membrane is removed.) If needed for space on the grill, cut each slab in half between two ribs.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, garlic salt and 1 teaspoon of chipotle. While grill is heating, rub mixture all over ribs and let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!