- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 2/3 cups swiss cheese (shredded)
- pastry (for double-crust pie,, homemade or purchased)
- 5 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/ 16-inch thick.
- Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed.
- Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop.
- Chop mushrooms, saute in butter until limp and liquid evaporates.
- Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Divide filling equally among muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Bake until puffed and light brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out.
- Serve warm or let cool on wire racks. If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Reheat, uncovered, in a 350 degrees F. oven for about 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!