- 1 pound bulk pork sausages (seasoned as desired)
- 8 slices bread (cubed)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10.75 ounces cream of mushroom soup (OR golden mushroom soup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook sausage in large skillet until brown, breaking up with wooden spoon; drain. Pat sausage dry with paper towels. Grease 9x13-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in baking dish. Sprinkle cubed Cheddar cheese over bread. Sprinkle sausage over cheese. Combine eggs, 2 1/2 cups milk and dry mustard in medium bowl; beat with rotary beater or fork until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over layered mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Stir together cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk in small bowl. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 hours or until center is set when baking dish is slightly jiggled. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!